Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The 5 Benefits Of Spending Time With God


When I spend time with God among the many benefits I receive are 5 specific ones that I am focusing on this week. Yesterday I looked at JOY and today I am looking at PEACE.  Lasting peace can only come through knowing Christ and spending time daily in His presence. If I do not meet regularly with God I find myself being very fearful of life and its hardships.  Jesus Christ said in John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. In Isaiah 43:1 God reminds that He has specifically chosen us when He says   O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.” Then goes on to say in verse 5 “Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west.”  By nature I am a fearful person. Today I am asking God to teach me to trust in Him and not fear what man can do to me. How about you?  Right now ask God to calm your fears and enjoy the peace that only He can offer you even in the midst of the storm. Have a great day guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment