Thursday, February 7, 2013

The 4th benefit of spending time with God


 Once you have experienced the Joy of Lord and enjoyed the Peace & Affirmation He gives you as His child then you receive this fourth benefit which is Guidance. God will not force His will on you. You must decide to receive His guidance in humility.

Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”
I have 3 children and many times I have had to make them look directly into my eyes to make sure they are paying attention when I am giving them specific instructions. The last part of this verse I just shared says “I will guide thee with mine eye.” I get so busy sometimes that I forget that I need to give my full attention to listening to God. I need to look into His eyes and focus my full attention on what He is telling me. Let’s not be ADHD Christians today. Stop and let God guide you. Even though you may not like the road He is leading you down He is sovereign. He knows what is best. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment